Information Collected and How it is Used
The Company collects and uses information for the Software and the Services as follows.
- Information that is collected
(2) E-mail addresses are collected to identify the user and prevent the unauthorized use.
Cookies are used to provide better services through understanding the number of visits and the form of use of the Software and the Services to improve the Software and the Services, and for the convenience of the users, including to provide content storage and for the security including the maintenance and protection of the sessions. Users may opt out of allowing cookies. If cookies are rejected, part of the Services, including the services that require login, cannot be used.
The Company may observe your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address, location information, device) relating to your use of the Services. While we may collect or log this information, we generally do not identify you or match this information with your other personal information or stored voice recordings or text data. We may use this collected or logged information on an aggregated basis to diagnose technical problems, to analyze the user environment, to improve the Services, or to prevent illicit acts that impede normal service. The Company, or its authorized service providers may use “cookies” and other technologies to analyze usage conditions and improve services, and may also collect and use technical data and information about your device and the system and application software incorporated on the device.
(3) Device information
Information about the device used may be obtained (OS, individual identification information of the device, computer name, etc.). This information may be used to provide better services and prevent illicit acts that impede the customer identification and normal operation of the Software or the Services.
Purpose for Use of User’s Information
The Company shall use the User Information for the following purposes.
- Enhance use of the Software and the Services by the users
- Address customer support issues
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Announce information about the Services, or providing advertising or marketing information of third parties
- Identify users when they make inquiries
- Bill processing related to use of paid Services
- Prevent unauthorized use
- Inform You of important notices in relation to the Software or the Services as required, in the Company’s sole discretion
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Software or the Services
- Measure and analyze the conditions under which you use the Software and the Services
- Investigate and respond to malfunctions or other problems concerning the Software and the Services
- To improve the Software and the Services
- To tabulate and analyze statistics for the purposes of developing new software and services and marketing activities.
Provision of information to third parties
The Company shall not provide User Information to third parties, except as follows:
- The User provides consent or, in the case of a minor, the minor’s parent or guardian provides consent.
- As required by law or court order
- To protect the life, physical safety or assets of a person
- To improve the public health or sound development of children
- As required by governmental agencies, local governments or those entrusted by the said agencies or governments to enforce laws and regulations. The Company may be required to disclose User Information if it: (a) believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (b) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit; (c) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property; or (d) is necessary protect the interest of other users of the Software or the Services.
- In the event of a merger, company split, transfer of businesses, of if the Company should ever file for bankruptcy, or if the Company decides to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, and the Company is required to disclose User Information to prospective or actual purchasers, or to receive information from sellers. It is the Company’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed or received in these types of transactions.
Joint use of information
The Company may work with some authorized service providers to provide certain services, such as technical and customer support. Where practical, the Company will require these service providers to safeguard User Information. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to the Company, these third parties may have access to or process User Information. The Company generally limits service providers’ use of User Information to the purpose for which it was shared. The Company may sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, usage and related information.
Collection of User Information from Minor and other Children Under Age 13
The Software or the Service is not intended for nor directed to children under the age of 13, and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from downloading, accessing or using the Software and the Service. We do not knowingly collect, use or retain personal information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information from children under the age of 13, we will take all reasonable measures to delete any records of such personal information that comes to our attention.
Disclosure, correction or deletion of information
Users may request the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, elimination or suspension of provision to a third party in relation to the User Information, if required by law. In the event You make such a request, the Company may need to terminate Your user of the Software and the Service.
- Details of the request (confirmation, correction, deletion, etc. Please specify the details of correction in case of correction).
User Information Management Office
Silicon Studio Corporation
NR Building, 1-21-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0013
800 yen per application
Please enclose a postage stamp for 800 yen.
Although the Company uses reasonable measures to protect User Information, there is no guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our firewalls and secure server software. If the Company learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify You electronically so that You can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Software or the Services, or providing personal information to us, You agree that we can communicate with You electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Software and the Services. Depending on where You live, You may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw Your consent from receiving electronic notice) You should notify us at the email address specified in the Help section of the Software.
Do Not Track Signals and Third Party Networks
The Software is downloaded and provision of the Software and the Services are not impacted by browser settings, and therefore cannot respond to or recognize “do not track” settings on browsers. Third party ad networks do not gather information from the Software or the Services.
Inquiries for User Information
Please contact the following for inquiries in relation to the User Information:
Effective date: July 10, 2015